I didn’t plan an end of year post.
Inspired by an article on Man Repeller, I decided to summarize my 2017 in haiku.
Did my own take on Instagram’s “Best Nine.” My favorite photos and moments of 2017.
From left to right:
- Alumni weekend at my alma mater. My first time back on campus since 2009.
- Visiting the Basquiat exhibit at the Cleveland Museum of Art.
- Met Margaret Atwood, author of The Handmaid’s Tale. She was the sharp-tongued writer crone I want to be when I grow up.
- A Sunday at Edgewater Park this summer. The Cleveland lakeshore has come a lonnnnng way.
- Participated in the National Alliance on Mental Illness’s annual fundraising walk. I walked 2.5 miles (distance I gravely underestimated) and raised $825.00 for the cause of mental health advocacy.
- Bruno Mars concert. Need I say more?
- Celebrating a homegirl’s birthday on a happy hour cruise around Lake Erie in September. My last time on the water before the weather went cold.
- My birthday clambake.
- C snapped this photo of me on a night out in May. The staircase was too dope.
In 2017, I committed to reclaiming my worldview from the lens of my social media feeds. To see through my eyes and form my own thoughts. To use social media mindfully; not serve as its slave. Furthering that commitment in 2018.
It’s been a wild year, y’all. We made it.
Happy New Year.